Visiting other clubs is a fun way to enjoy dancing. You meet new people, they meet new people and you get to dance to another caller or cuer. More people always means more fun. And perhaps they'll return the visit to your club.
Dance Dangle Program
The best way for any dancer to become stronger is to dance more often -- and visiting other clubs is a great way to do this. A different caller or cuer will present things in slightly different way so you won't become ingrained with just your local methodology.
The EOSARDA Club Visit Dangle is intended to encourage visits to other EOSARDA Member Dance Clubs. It is awarded dancers who complete the 5 (silver) or 8 (gold) club visits during the course of a single dance year (September 1 through August 30). Club visits include:
- a visit to any other EOSARDA Member club on its regular club night
(Not your own club; only one visit per club per year per applicant please)
- attendance at any Open Dance sponsored by an EOSARDA Member Club or Association
- attendance at any Open Dance sponsored by EOSARDA
Have the application form signed and dated each time as proof of your visit and submit the completed application form to any EOSARDA Director or your club president. The form needs to be received by the Club Liason Committee no later than September 30 of the following year.
- It's always a good idea to contact the club beforehand to make sure they are dancing that night and at their stated location (sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise that may change their dancing pattern). It's definitely a good idea to contact them if you are coming as a group so that the club can be prepared. However, last-minute visits by individuals are generally welcomed regardless.
- Introduce yourself to the caller so that he/she is aware of your visit and your dance level.
- Most callers follow a similar teach
order but will have some personal exceptions and not all clubs are at the
same place at the same time. Knowing what moves you have covered will
help the caller in accommodating you at the club.
- For our Basic-level dancers, here's a list of Basic Moves ... use with your own caller or take with you on visits; it can be printed double sided to make a nice handout,
- When there is no charge for a dance, it's always a nice gesture (but not mandatory) to purchase Share the Wealth tickets if the club has them. This way you support the club a bit and maybe you'll be the lucky winner.